St. James offers private prayer sessions to address inner and physical healing needs. These are held by appointment in a safe and nurturing environment with two Prayer Ministers who are trained in healing prayer and confidentiality. Their role is to help the prayer receiver connect with Jesus for healing in any areas of distress or need.
We have prayer ministers certified in Issue-Focused Ministry through the Restoring the Foundations International Ministry as well as those trained in the general healing prayer ministry that we have offered since 1999. For a comparison of the two ministry formats, please see: Comparison of In-Depth Healing Prayer Options
Option 1: Requesting RTF ISSUE FOCUSED MINISTRY:
- Review the RTF Ministry Overview for additional information
- Complete the RTF Application Form. This is the official Personal Questionnaire (PQ) from Restoring the Foundations
- You can save the PQ to your computer and type directly into the form. Please Note: To ensure that information is not lost, be sure to save the PQ on your computer before typing anything into it, and also save it several times while completing it.
- You can print the blank form and complete by hand.
- Follow the instructions below for submitting the completed forms.
Option 2: Requesting GENERAL HEALING PRAYER
- Review the General Ministry Cover Letter for additional information(For your information)
- Complete the General Ministry Application Form (To be completed and returned)
- Complete the General Ministry Consent Form (To be completed and returned)
- Follow the instructions below for submitting the completed forms
Note: Printed forms for each of the two types of in-depth prayer ministry are also available in the St. James church office.
Submitting the completed forms:
- Completed forms for either ministry options can be submitted via email to
- Printed forms can be mailed/delivered to the church office at the following address:
Attn: Jane Kilgo or Sandy Blount
St. James United Methodist Church
111 West Lake Dr.
Athens, GA 30606
Please Note: We will need to receive the completed forms at least a week before your session in order to give your two prayer ministers time to prayerfully study it individually and also meet to develop the ministry plan together.